Monday, July 11, 2005

Dylan + Alex (part 2)

***********************************
Dylan’s friends were all cool with the fact that she was gay and no problems ever arose. Friends were friends, and well, crushes were just that: a heart palpitating moment for someone in her class or the girl that passes by her apartment everyday, but never one of her friends, let alone one of her best friends. This was different. She had this feeling for quite some time and she just couldn’t take it out of her mind. She knew Alex was straight but there was something about her that made Dylan think that maybe, just maybe, she’d be able to feel something for a girl. At least, that’s what she was hoping for.

She had no clue how to go about this.

I want you, I think I’m in love with you, I want you. Those were the only words running through her mind.

She lift her head up and caught Alex’s glance and went for it. She put her hand on Alex’s leg and nothing could come out of her mouth. It rested opened. Then, suddenly, she felt a hand on hers, looked up and saw Alex smiling the biggest and greatest smile she’d ever witnessed.

"I…" Was the only word that came out of Dylan’s mouth.

Alex started giggling. "You what?"

"I…I like you. I mean… I have a crush on you…I mean, I don’t know what I mean." Dylan’s face was rapidly turning a bright shade of red and she took her hand off Alex’s leg..
Alex quickly took Dylan’s hands back as she stood up and pulled her friend up from her chair. They smiled at each other for a long time, it seemed, and Dylan thought about her wildest dreams: she brought her face closer to Alex’s and looked into her eyes once more.

She was sure now: they were going to do this. This was the most exciting moment of her life as of yet. This was it.

No comments: